Interview with Cat from Through A Cat's Eyes

4.13.2015


1. Hi Cat, welcome to Iridescent Noire! Can you introduce yourself and your blog for those who haven't heard of you before?
Hello and thank you for having me! I'm Cat; a 17 year-old Scottish blogger, with a slight book-hoarding problem and a real love for 90s boybands and chai lattes. My blog, Through A Cat's Eyes, is my pride and joy.

2. Starting off with a really basic question, when and why did you start blogging? Also, how did you first get into lifestyle blogging? Were you introduced to it? Did you find it by chance?
I started blogging in August 2007. I've had the same blog for the full time and haven't taken any long breaks or hiatuses, but there's been a name-change and I've deleted the old posts (they were really embarrassing...). I got into blogging through my friend Amber from The Mile Long Bookshelf. We became friends in 2007 through her blog and I started blogging pretty soon after because she inspired me to give it a go myself. I haven't looked back since!

3. This question is a little random but I'm struggling with finding some really good facial cleansing products, do you recommend any that you use?
The one I've been using recently is Soap & Glory's 'Peaches & Clean' face wash and I really love it. I'm on my second bottle which is quite unusual for me so I guess it must be good! I'd also recommend Garnier's micellar water for a basic, all-round makeup remover and light cleanser.

4. Where do you find inspiration to write blog posts?
Usually conversations I have with friends. For example, I had a conversation with my friend, David, in my friend's kitchen at a house party recently about how we don't have any real problems, as we're living in a first-world country and we're white (typical slightly-drunk conversations...not). It got me thinking about perspective and has inspired me to write a post about it (maybe coming up soon!).

5. How do you actually find time to blog? Basically, I'm just wondering how to balance it out with school, work, etc.
In all honesty, I struggle. I'm in my final year of school and only have 5 official school days left before I stop forever - scary stuff! Uni will undoubtedly make blogging difficult but I've been doing it for long enough to get a good balance and be quite good with my time management. I tend to just blog when inspiration hits and set some time aside for blogging to take a break from school-work. It's all about balance and priorities which really just comes with time.

6. How did you come up with your blog name?
My name's Catriona but friends and family call me Cat. Aaaand, I've always kind of wondered what life looks like to a cat, so my blog name has a bit of a double-meaning.


Follow & Friend

My name's Catriona. I'm 17, Scottish and a complete dork who's bedroom is gradually transforming into a library. I spend a lot of time day-dreaming about pretty things.
- Taken from the blog's ABOUT page

Twitter | Blog | Pinterest

No comments :

Post a Comment

© Rikki 2015 | Made with by Moi
All Rights Reserved.